Graduate Academy Program - Instytut Pileckiego
Program and timeline of the Academy
The program will include lectures, seminars and workshops led by acknowledged academics from the two partner institutions, as well as other renowned scholars. Prepared especially for the students of American universities, it will help you develop specific areas of interest that you will later implement in the form of individual projects in cooperation with an assigned tutor.
The international program will be carried out over 16 months – from September 2021 to December 2022, and will consist of the following elements:
- Online Summer School – September 2021
- A two-week study trip to Poland – December 2021, including key locations, memorial sites and museums, as well as cultural and research institutions in Poland. Please note that you will be expected to contribute $300 towards the cost of airfare.
- Series of monthly thematic seminars in 2021 and 2022
- Constant tutoring from our experts over the course of the entire program
- Individual research and cultural projects - over the course of the program you will be obliged to conduct your own research in your chosen area, and write an essay to summarize your work. You will also be expected to organize an event such as a panel discussion, film screening, exhibition etc. at your university or in a local public place. Separate funding in the form of individual grants will be available from January 2022.
- Final conference held at the Valdosta State University to summarize all the completed projects in the fall 2022.
More detailed program will be published in August 2021 ahead of the Summer School.